Summit Information

 

WORLD CHILDREN’S SUMMIT ON PEACE & NATURE

“Children Take Peace Into Their Own Hands”

 

ABOUT THE SUMMIT

 

THE WORLD CHILDREN’S SUMMIT ON PEACE AND NATURE- Chairperson Kathleen Arnason

“Children Take Peace Into Their Own Hands” – is a concept Principal Shelly Hardcastle of Brentwood Elementary School understood immediately when she was approached to participate in The World Children’s Summit Workshops. The Workshops which will be presented at the school May 28th are based on personal peace practices – tools children can use to help bring calm and understanding to their lives along with choices based on action rather than reaction. In 2011 400 children across Canada were interviewed on video and asked where they went to feel peaceful- 80% said they went to Nature the remaining 20% divided their time between books, writing, singing, dancing, playing a sport or spending time with family. We all know personal peace is the seed of world peace. However for now The World Children’s Summit and the students of Brentwood Elementary will learn how sharing stories is the best and most memorable form of communication.- how movement and contemplation can help bring calm and help solve problems – how music can lift your soul even when you are sad and how photography can create the link to show us how we are part of nature and not separate from it.
Brentwood Elementary in their pursuit to support their students have become the Model for other schools in Canada and the World to establish their own Summit and use of personal peace tools. Empathy and Kindness are at the root of the practices and our motto is ” Be Kind and Courageous” – Kind to yourself and others and Courageous to be yourself! Yes, The Children of Brentwood Elementary are Taking Peace Into Their Own Hands and in doing so become Ambassadors of Kindness, Courage and Peace for British Columbia and Canada. ( the children we are working with are ages 7-10)

 SAVE THE DATE SEPTEMBER 21 UNITED NATIONS WORLD PEACE DAY 

World Children’s Summit on Peace and Nature World Peace Day Event

September 21,2015- Alix Goolden Hall

Celebrate with us as the children come together and perform music, stories, photography and movement on stage along with some of the most interesting Keynote Speakers you will ever hear.

Details will be announced closer to the date.

 

 

 

UNDER THE RAINBOW

364px-Rainbow_above_Kaviskis_Lake,_LithuaniaWe’ve chosen the rainbow as the theme for this summit.   In our view, nothing better symbolizes the connections between peace and nature, the promise of hope and a bright future, and a joy that brings a smile to every face.

The rainbow is universal.  It can be found in every country, every landscape and every culture.  It can even be found in every drop of water.

It is life-affirming:  to make a rainbow you need the two basic elements for life, water and sunshine, but to truly appreciate its beauty, you also need a sense of wonder and a spirit that can remain open to possibilities.

What more could we ask of our children?

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes

Translate »